Monday, March 10, 2014

7

Even after learning of Raito’s plan, I didn’t take any action. I was hoping that the two of them would be able to take care of the issue while I stayed back, and I would be freed without having to risk myself.

Things changed when a new set of orders appeared in my mind. I had been expecting a command to kill Raito for some time. But that wasn’t who She wanted me to target. Instead, my orders were to murder Liz.

Receiving that command put me in a dilemma. When I thought about it, that order was actually the best case scenario. Killing Liz was preferable to having to kill Raito. He was the one with the plan to free us; she was just a bystander. If I killed her, I would manage to stay within Her graces, while still keeping open the possibility of Raito succeeding and me escaping this nightmare. But while I may have been the logical choice, I didn’t want to do it. I wanted them to succeed. Both of them. After finally learning that it might be possible to stand up to Her, I was starting to feel the spark of rebellion inside me. Instead of attacking Liz, I went up to their hotel room’s door and knocked. They were justifiably suspicious of me. But I could tell them the location of the theater they were looking for. Even if I was lying, Raito thought it would be worthwhile to investigate.

I’d never imagined taking a stand against Her. But I’d made my decision. Now there would be no backing down from rebellion.

No comments:

Post a Comment