Monday, March 10, 2014

4

While it is possible for Her to implant Her orders directly into my mind, it is a rare occurrence. She prefers to personally command me. Which is why I found it so odd when I was woken in the middle of the night by the knowledge of a new target I had to hunt.

Finding the target was only a matter of following Her commands. They led me to a cheap hotel just off the freeway. The target’s name was Raito, which I at first thought was an odd name for someone as dark skinned as he was. When I got a closer look at him, enough to see the Asian ancestry in his eyes, it made more sense. He wasn’t a new victim; others had hunted him and driven him to the city. My duty was to finish the job they’d started.

I observed Raito for several days to decide what my course of action would be. He appeared far more competent than the majority of people I’ve been sent after. Most are too panicked and confused to think through their actions, but he had a steady determination in him that seemed to override any fear. His hotel room had been carefully picked to allow for several escape routes, and he appeared constantly watchful for any attack. I was positive he had figured out I was following him, and was just waiting for me to move first.

Raito’s decision to come to this city didn’t seem to be a result of aimless wandering. He had a reason behind it, and I started to become curious about what they reason was. I often found him searching through maps of the city. He visited the public library frequently to look through their newspaper archives. At that time, I couldn’t figure out what he was looking for. All I could tell was that he thought it was important.

I waited for the orders to move in and begin his torment, but they didn’t come. It was unusual to be left in silence for so long. I would have questioned it more, but the freedom was too welcome a relief. And so for several days, I followed Raito.

No comments:

Post a Comment